Become a professional Fashion Designer
What Fashion Designing Is
Fashion designing is the art of drafting and formulating customized apparel and lifestyle accessories turning them into the best option for both humanity and nature. It is a promising profession that is creative, and at the same time, serves a high package in the glamorous industry. However, Fashion Is Fishing for New Dimensions which makes it a demanding sector, as one needs to be creative, and possess good managerial skills too. If one can create magic with shades, shapes, designs, cuts, and textiles, then you have landed on the perfect article to stitch the decision that you have made a bit Viable.
Duties of Become a professional Fashion Designer
Fashion designer ought to always do the following things as part of his/her job
- Draw, design, and develop new clothing and accessory samples, and create and turn in documentation worksheets.
- Participate in meetings to discuss designs and line development, and present and review line and concepts regularly.
- Identify new opportunities relevant to the firm’s customer base through market research.
- Manage new design and fit styles while also maintaining corporate standards for bulk production.
- Do the work to cost out all of the components needed for a garment’s production.
- Assist a design team with communicating to vendors on design, production, and other issues.
Fashion Designing is one of the highly creative and in-demand careers in the world. It is especially for those who love to study fashion trends, sketch designs and develop something new and creative in the world of vogue. Wondering how to start a career in fashion designing? Well, you will need to pursue a basic design diploma or degree program to begin a career in this field which can help you learn the intricacies of designing clothes and apparel as well as studying the latest trends.
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Designer
- Makeup Artist
- Retal Manager
- Retail Buyer
- Fashion Journalist
- Personal Shopper
- Fashion Model
- Fashion Photographer
- Textile Designer
- Jewellery and Footwear Designer
A fashion designer creates clothing, including dresses, suits, pants, and skirts, and accessories like shoes and handbags, for consumers. He or she can specialize in clothing, accessory, or jewelry design, or may work in more than one of these areas.
Some fashion designers focus on costume design and create wardrobes for television, movie, and theater productions. A costume designer researches the styles and periods of clothing that make film or theatrical productions look realistic.
If you are hoping to become the next Tommy, Calvin, or Vera, the chances are slim due to the competitiveness of the industry. Although some designers become household names, most remain unknown to the general public and anonymously create the designs behind well-known brands and lesser-known labels.
As a fashion designer, there is a good chance you will have to relocate to find employment. The fashion industry is concentrated in major cities, such as New York and Los Angeles.
As a new designer, you will likely begin your career working for someone with more experience. Pattern makers or sketching assistants are examples of entry-level industry jobs. In due course, you can become a chief designer or a design department head, after accumulating many years of experience.
Fashion Designer Salary
A fashion designer’s salary varies based on the area of expertise, level of experience, education, certifications, and other factors especially in Nigeria.
Education, Training, & Certification
You don’t need a college degree to become a fashion designer, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get one.
- Formal education: While not required in Fashion, many of your competitors will have an associate or bachelor’s degree in fashion design or a related field. As a fashion design major, you will take classes in color, textiles, sewing and tailoring, pattern making, fashion history, and computer-aided design (CAD) and learn about different types of clothing such as menswear or footwear.
- Internships: An internship will be a valuable addition to your classroom education. You can also gain experience by working as an assistant to a fashion designer.
Fashion Designer Skills & Competencies
In addition to the technical skills you will learn in a classroom or on the design floor as an intern or assistant, there are several soft and hard skills needed for success in this occupation including:
- Desire: You must be able to learn and collaborate with other members of the design team.
- Creative thinking: It helps if you can think creatively, and have the ability to identify trends.
- Flexibility: It’s important to have the willingness to be flexible with regard to job responsibilities.
- Ability to travel: Successful candidates have the desire and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Computer literacy: It’s important to be competent in the use of software like Abode Photoshop or Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Creativity: You must be able to generate ideas for products.
- Artistic ability: A designer must be able to transform a design from an idea into a physical illustration and then, eventually, to a prototype on which the finished product will be based. You will also need a keen sense of style and color.
- Communication skills: Designers usually work in teams. They must be great communicators, which means listening, speaking, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Attention to detail: This trait will allow you to notice subtle differences in fabric colors and textures.
What Are the Job of a Fashion Designer
- Developing sketches for customized packages
- Collaborating with the technical team to make sure the packages are accurate
- Re-examining product before presentations
- Presenting story, theme, and seasonal boards to clients
- Crafting a designing process, from conception through the final look
- Involving in market research, trends in fabrics, techniques, and striving for design inspiration
- Editing the designs in-stream and creating new concepts
- Selecting apt fabrics and snips
No doubt Fashion designing is a very important carrier and skill anyone can venture into and become very great. Hope this article was helpful for more info on become a professional Fashion Designer contact us on ShopBy Online Mall